We collect data. In some cases this data isn’t personal, but other times it is. We collect data for a variety of reasons, but mostly for registration. When you sign up for an account or a newspaper or an email newsletter, we need data to provide you with the service. When you use the internet to connect to us, we may collect and analyze information such as an IP address, or unique device identifiers. Like many news organizations, we want data to help deliver information and insights most impactful to our local audiences. Because we strongly believe in being open and transparent about our practices, we provide this policy. Like many organizations, we have worked hard to align our practices with the Florida Privacy Protection Act (FPPA), and all other applicable data privacy laws and regulations.
If you have questions about our practices, please let us know at email@example.com. We’re here to help.
● Our websites, like PredictAny.com and DisruptiveInvesting.com;
● Our mobile applications;
● Our email newsletters;
● Our pages or ads on social media networks, like our Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, and Twitter pages;
● Our kiosks; and
Together, we refer to all of those as the “Services.” Our “affiliates” are the publications we provide such as the PredictAny Website, PredictAny Mobile Application, PredictAny E-Newsletter, Disruptive Investing Website. We may use different information about print subscribers than website visitors.
This Policy does not address the following categories of Personal Information which are not covered by FPPA:
● Publicly available information from government records.
● Employees of PredictAny
● De-identified or aggregated consumer information; or
● Other information explicitly excluded from the scope of the FPPA.
1. Information we collect & how we collect it
What information do we collect? It depends. If you subscribe to one or more of our products (newspapers, breaking news alerts, etc.), we must have some information. The information collected depends on the context. During registration we may collect your name, address, username, password, and email address. You may also provide us with information when you post a message on our services; sign up to receive communications from us; register for contests; participate in surveys; purchase a subscription or classified ad; or contact us with a question, comment, or request.
How we collect and store information depends on the Services you use. You can use some of the Services without providing any information aside from what is automatically collected as described below. The following is broken down by (a) information you provide to us and (b) information collected from other sources.
1.1. Information received directly from you
● When You Register:
When you sign up for a PredictAny Service (e.g., a subscription, newsletter, or SMS (text) notifications), we collect your name, username, password, email address, phone number, other contact information and any additional account credentials. Upon registration, we assign you a unique ID number. The ID number is not directly identifiable to a particular individual (i.e., only PredictAny employees would be able to match the ID number with a specific person). This ID number will assist PredictAny in identifying you when you’ve signed into your account.
If you register for an event (in person or via the web), we might ask for additional information (e.g., your company name, your job title, or your dietary restrictions).
● For Billing:
To process payments or donations, we must collect and use your payment information.
Payment information typically includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, credit or debit card information and any other relevant information.
● For User-Created Content:
We may offer you the ability to post content that other users can read (e.g., commenting on articles). When you create content that we post, anyone can read, collect, and use any personal information that accompanies your post(s).
● Please be careful whenever you are online. If you voluntarily disclose information through the Services (i.e., such as message boards, social media sites, in chat areas, in advertising, or notices you post), that information can be viewed publicly and may be collected and used by third parties without our knowledge (or our consent). If this happens, it may result in data collection by (or unsolicited messages from) other individuals or third parties.
● Keep in mind that we do not have to publish any of your content. If a law requires us to remove or edit your personal information, we will comply to the extent necessary.
● For Promotions, Special Offers and/or Contests:
When you sign up for these, you give us your name, email address and any other required information.
● For Surveys, Research, Panels and other Feedback Programs:
We occasionally gather information through surveys, questionnaires, research panels and other direct outreach and feedback programs. We also conduct similar research for advertisers. We ask you for your consent to use this information when you participate in these programs and events.
● During Contact With Our Representatives and/or Call Centers:
We collect information from you when you place an order over the phone or contact customer service through email or through one of our toll-free numbers.
● Contacts Referrals:
At PredictAny, we may collect data about your friends, family, or acquaintances (e.g., Refer a Friend campaigns). When friends and family are referred, we only intend that to apply to U.S. residents. By using it, you understand, acknowledge and agree that both you and your contacts are based in the United States and that you have everyone’s consent for us to use their contact information.
1.2. Information collected manually
With Tracking Technologies in Your Web Browser and Mobile Applications (“apps”):
This section refers to data collected from your devices. We track and store data about how you visit and use PredictAny Services, particularly through our websites and apps.
The items we may log include:
● Your IP address (the identifier assigned to facilitate communications over the Internet. Depending on how you connect to the Internet, your IP address may always be the same, or it may change each time you access the Internet. An IP address does not in and of itself disclose your name, email address, or home or work address)
● Your location – When you connect to the Internet with your phone, computer or tablet, your device creates a unique identifier for you called an IP address. IP-based geolocation is used to determine the country or city the people are from. The IP address is sent to a geolocation service. Geolocation services have access to a number of databases that give them the information needed to locate someone online through their IP address. However, it’s important to remember that IP geolocation accuracy is not 100%. For example, you went to an online weather site and typed in your city or ZIP code, that information was linked to your IP address because you made the request online in real-time. That is why you get such instant and accurate weather data.
● Your operating system (e.g., Windows)
● Your browser (e.g., Chrome)
● Your browser language (e.g., English, French)
● The URLs of any pages you visit on our sites and apps (e.g., www.PredictAny.com)
● Your device type (e.g., smartphone)
● Device manufacturer (e.g., Samsung)
● The content viewed on our Services
● The URLS of pages viewed immediately before and after you access our websites (i.e., redirects)
● Ads or content from us or our affiliated companies you view, access, or click on
● Your activities over time and across websites and apps within the PredictAny network and within the network of websites and apps serviced by the ad networks, advertisers, service providers, and other companies with which we do business, following your use of one of our websites or apps
● Whether you open our electronic communications and where you click within them
● What features of our services that you use
● Name and location of your Internet Service Provider
● Amount of time spent on our pages and how many pages you viewed during your visit
We strive to track and list all the data that is collected and used by us. If you are aware of something we missed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will address the issue.
1.3 Information collected from other sources
On occasion, PredictAny may obtain additional information about you from third parties such as partners, researchers, social media networks, and others. Those third parties may include:
● Private Databases:
Marketing, data analytic and social media-owned databases may provide us with public data, survey data and other types of information. When obtained, this data sometimes includes your mailing address, your gender, your age, your household income, and other demographic data.
● Non-profit organizations or platforms:
With your consent, if you donate directly or indirectly to help expand our mission of sustainable, local journalism, the organization may provide us with your contact information.
● Social Media Networks and Other Third-Party Services:
(Examples of social media networks are Facebook and Twitter. Third-party services include Google)
You can link your social media or other third-party account to a PredictAny Service. By linking the services, you authorize us to collect, store and use any information they may give us (e.g., your email address). You can disconnect your registration from third-party accounts at any time. We also receive information from you when you interact with our pages, groups, accounts, or posts on social media platforms. This includes aggregate data such as age, gender, and location, engagement data (e.g., “likes,” comments, shares, reposts and clicks), awareness data (e.g., number of impressions- the times someone sees content–and reach) and individual users’ public profiles.
● Businesses and Educational Institutions:
If your employer or school buys an organization wide subscription to any of our content, they sometimes provide us with your name and organization email address to grant you access as a user.
We may combine information that we collect from you with information about you that we obtain from such third parties and information derived from any other subscription, product, or service we provide.
We are always improving our products and services, and we create new features regularly. These updates sometimes require us to collect new information or use what we already have differently. If there is a significant or material change in the way we handle your personal information, we will notify you as soon as possible.
What do we do with the collection we got from you
So we’ve collected information. What do we do with it?
WE PROVIDE THE PREDICTANY SERVICES.
We use your information to help you use and navigate PredictAny Services, such as:
● Making a PredictAny Service available to you
● Providing you with latest Stock Prediction News
● Creating access to your account
● Responding to your requests, questions, suggestions, or complaints
● Resolving disputes
● Completing your payments and transactions
● Sending service-related messages (e.g., a change in our terms and conditions)
● Letting you take part in paid services, polls, promotions, surveys, panels, research, comments, and tournaments
● Improving, maintain, and troubleshooting our services
WE PERSONALIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE.
In addition to providing Services, we want to ensure that the experience is tailored to you. We want to better tailor content, features, and advertising, and provide you with a seamless experience across the devices you use to access the Services.
We utilize the information (e.g., the articles you read) to personalize your reading experience using technology like algorithmic recommendations and machine learning. Sometimes, we may use the information we collect (e.g., log-in credentials, IP addresses, hashed email addresses, and unique mobile device identifiers) to locate or attempt to locate similar unique users across multiple browsers or devices (such as smartphones, tablets, or computers) or work with providers that do this. This is how we personalize your experience when using our services and providing content based on your interests or other demographics; articles you might be interested in and de-emphasize articles you’ve already read. We also show you prices, promotions, products, or services we believe you’ll find interesting, based on demographic and usage data.
WE ALLOW YOU TO SHARE USER-GENERATED CONTENT.
We allow you to share content and information from our publication via social media, email, and other means. Any information you disclose in your content becomes public.
WE CREATE, RESEARCH AND ANALYZE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
We analyze data on our users’ subscription, purchase, and usage behaviors. This helps us make business and marketing decisions such as ideal price points for our products and services.
WE CARRY OUT ADMINISTRATIVE TASKS.
● For detecting, preventing, and responding to potential fraud
● For fraud and security monitoring: We detect and prevent cyberattacks or malicious and unauthorized activities
● For detecting, preventing, and responding to intellectual property infringement, violations of our Terms of Service, violations of law, or other misuse of our services.
● For debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
● For auditing: We verify that our internal processes work as intended and comply with legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements.
● For other auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.
● For customer satisfaction: We assess users’ satisfaction with PredictAny Services and our customer care team.
● Complying with law, a court order, or legal process, and responding to lawful requests from government authorities.
● For an actual or potential merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all assets, including as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding
● For short-term, transient use, provided the Personal Information that is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about a consumer or otherwise alter an individual consumer’s experience outside the current interaction, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction.
● For such purposes as consumers may authorize or direct.
The above activities can involve outside companies, agents, or contractors (“service providers”) with whom we share your personal information for only these purposes.
WE OFFER CONTESTS, SWEEPSTAKES, AND OTHER PROMOTIONS.
You can take part in our tournaments, and other promotions. Some might have additional rules about how we use and disclose your personal information.
WE ALLOW FOR PERSONALIZED ADVERTISING ON PREDICTANY SERVICES AND CREATE AUDIENCES FOR THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISERS.
The Services we provide are supported by advertising revenue. We gather data and work with third parties to show you personalized ads on behalf of advertisers. We may send you commercial emails on behalf of ourselves, our Affiliates, and advertisers. Each email we send you should include an opt-out that you can use to stop receiving such communications.
We also identify groups of users to whom to serve personalized ads on behalf of our advertisers. To do this, we combine information we collect through surveys or registration with information we collect automatically using tracking technologies while you browse our sites and apps. This combined (or “aggregated”) information is used to build models. These data models are then used to measure users’ attributes, like their demographic information or their interests (again, not as individuals but as a combined group). Working with service providers, we use these measurements to group users by common attributes. Each group is associated with a random ID which is then passed to our ad server for use in targeting ad campaigns on our sites and apps.
WE ADVERTISE PREDICTANY SERVICES TO YOU.
We market our properties to you. Sometimes we use marketing vendors to do this.
We serve ads through websites, locations, platforms, and services operated and owned by third parties. Often these ads are directed at people who have visited or registered for a PredictAny Service but have not subscribed or purchased anything. The ads are also directed to people with similar traits or behaviors to our subscribers or customers.
We direct our advertising to these users by uploading an encrypted customer list to a third party, or by incorporating a tracking technology from a third party onto our PredictAny Service. The third party then matches individuals who appear in both our data and their data. Because of how this matching process works, the third party can’t read our encrypted customer list if they don’t already have it.
We periodically send you targeted email newsletters or promotional emails.
WE AGGREGATE OR DE-IDENTIFY PERSONAL INFORMATION INTO LARGER FINDINGS
Sometimes we aggregate (i.e., combine) or de-identify (i.e., remove personally identifying data) information so that it can no longer identify you, under applicable laws. The result helps us better understand and represent our users, such as when we measure ad performance, create interest-based segments or compile survey results. Because this information is not personal information, we can use and disclose this aggregated or de-identified information for any purpose, unless an applicable law says otherwise.
Who do we share information with
We share your information with our affiliates (i.e., our other newspapers) for the purposes listed here.
WITH SERVICE PROVIDERS:
Service providers are trusted organizations that assist us with certain tasks, such as:
● Processing your payments – Note: We do not share your credit card information or other financial information to third parties for their marketing purposes or other independent use. When we share information with third parties for processing credit card or other payments, we require those third parties to comply with applicable Payment Card Industry standards.
● Fulfilling your orders and requests
● Offering you customer service
● Serving and targeting ads
● Maintaining applicable technology and related infrastructure
● Measuring the performance of advertising
● Presenting surveys
● Delivering your products and mailings
● Distributing emails
● List processing and analytics
● Managing and analyzing research
● Managing promotions
When performing these tasks, service providers often have access to your personal information. We sometimes allow them to use aggregated or de-identified information for other purposes, in accordance with applicable laws.
WITH INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISERS
To help ensure that you receive ads that are relevant to your interests, we and third parties (including service providers, advertisers, and advertising companies) may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and devices. We and third parties may use that information to help understand audience segments. Advertisers may use the segments to determine the audience groups to which they wish to deliver particular ads.
WITH OTHER THIRD PARTIES
There are situations when we share your information with third parties beyond our service providers.
● If you’re a U.S. print subscriber, we may share your name and mailing address (among other information) with other reputable companies that want to market to you by mail.
● We share information about our live event and conference attendees (e.g., your name, your company, or your job title) with the event sponsors. In those cases, we notify you when you provide us the information.
● We share information about participants in our contests, sweepstakes and similar promotions with the promotions’ sponsors. In those cases, we notify you when you provide us the information.
● We process payments you make through PredictAny Services with external services. There are two ways this can happen:
○ We collect your information and share it with the third-party service for processing.
○ The third-party service collects your information for processing.
● In the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we may need to disclose or provide your information to a third party — such as an acquiring entity and its advisers.
● If required by law, we may share or disclose personal information. We can also preserve or share personal information if we believe it would be necessary to:
○ Comply with the law or with legal process
○ Protect and defend our rights and property
○ Protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the PredictAny Services
○ Protect the safety or property of our users or the general public (e.g., if you provide false information or attempt to pose as someone else, we could share your information to help investigations into your actions)
○ Cooperate with government authorities.
● We may disclose public activities in our RSS feeds, APIs and other distribution formats. Your public activities could thus appear on other websites, blogs or feeds.
We and some of our advertisers work with ad networks and ad delivery platforms that place retargeting pixels on users’ computers to gather information about users’ online activities, such as browsing histories and demographic information. This information can be aggregated into audience segments, which help deliver relevant advertising to users visiting our websites and third-party websites that use the same pixels.
Some of our services and communications may contain tiny electronic images known as web beacons. We use web beacons to assist us in delivering cookies on our services and to allow us to count users who have visited those pages. We may include web beacons in email messages to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
If your browser doesn’t accept cookies, you may not be able to access certain parts of our websites.
What are your choices and rights?
CHOICES REGARDING EMAIL, PHONE, MAIL AND PUSH NOTIFICATIONS
The methods described below are limited to the email address, phone or device used. They will not affect subsequent subscriptions.
We offer a variety of commercial emails and email newsletters. You can unsubscribe from them by following the “unsubscribe” instructions near the bottom of the email.
● Mail or Telephone Promotions:
You can ask us to unsubscribe from our mail or telephone solicitations. You can also ask us to not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes. To do so, email us at email@example.com. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Opt Out” in the subject line, and state the service you wish to unsubscribe from in the body of the email (please be as specific as possible).
● Push Notifications:
You can opt out any time by adjusting your device settings, or uninstalling our app.
● Text Messages:
You can opt out of text alerts any time by replying “STOP,” or any alternative keyword we’ve shared with you.
We complete any opt-out request as quickly as we can. This opt-out request won’t prohibit us from sending you important nonmarketing notices.
HOW TO ACCESS, CHANGE, DELETE, UPDATE OR EXERCISE YOUR OTHER RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In some parts of the world, you have the right to:
● Access, modify, or delete the personal information we have about you
● Receive an electronic copy of the personal information we have about you, for data portability
● Restrict, or object to, how we process personal information about you
● Not receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of your privacy rights.
If you’d like to exercise any of the above rights, contact us.
In your request, please be specific. State the information you want changed, whether you’d like your information removed or whether there are limitations you’d like us to put on how we use your personal information. Please use the email address linked to that personal information — we only complete requests on the information linked to your email address. To verify your identity, we will send an email to the email address you provide which matches our records and wait for your response. In some instances, we may also ask for additional information to ensure we verify your identity before complying.
You can designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. To do that, please provide the agent with written permission, signed by you, authorizing the agent to submit the request on your behalf. The agent must submit that written permission along with the request. We will contact you to verify your identity — and the authorized agent’s permission — before a response to the request is sent.
We’ll respond to your request in a manner consistent with applicable law.
PLEASE NOTE: In some cases, your request doesn’t ensure complete removal of the content or information (e.g., we need your email address to provide an email newsletter or another user has reposted your content). We might need to keep certain information for recordkeeping purposes, or to complete a transaction you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., if you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you might not be able to change or delete the personal information provided until after the completion of the purchase or promotion).
Do Not Track
At present we do not respond to “Do Not Track” browser-based standard signals however working to honor the Global Privacy Control (GPC). We will update this section once we are able to accept and honor the CPG. To learn more about the GPC, visit the Global Privacy Control website.
● User account. If you have created an account with the PredictAny family of organizations, you may be able to review some of your information for that account by logging in and updating your information or user preferences.
● For more about targeted advertising, and how to opt out with your specific browser and device, go to the DAA Webchoices Browser Check and NAI Opt Out of Interest-Based Advertising. You can download the AppChoices app to opt out in mobile apps.
● To opt-out of the sharing of the information with LiveRamp on a people-based level, please click here (https://optout.liveramp.com/opt_out).
● If you wish to opt out of receiving interest-based advertising on your mobile device, please see the advertising preferences information on support.apple.com for iOS devices or support.google.com for Android devices.
● In our contracts, we try to limit how our third-party advertising technology vendors use the information they gather from you. Many of these providers require us to enter into contracts that allow them to optimize their own services and products, or that help them create their own. Essentially, these providers combine any information they gather about you through PredictAny Services with information they receive from their other clients. This helps them target ads to you on behalf of their other clients, not just us.
● These third parties sometimes use other services to serve ads; check their privacy policies for more details.
● Effective January 1, 2020, Florida residents have the right to instruct us not to “sell” their personal information. More information is available see Florida Users section.
● We participate in the IAB CCPA Compliance Framework for Publishers & Technology Companies (“IAB Framework”). When you use the cookies preference center to opt-out (i.e. by clicking “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” on the home page link), to the extent we sell your personal information in order to deliver ads tailored to your interests, we will notify downstream participants of the IAB Framework that receive personal information about you to only use your personal information for those specific and limited purposes that are permitted under the IAB Framework. You may also limit your opt-out to the re-sale of your personal information by downstream participants by clicking on the IAB Framework Signatory Identification List and opting-out on such downstream participant’s digital property (instead of using the preference center button). Please note that opting-out does not mean that you will stop seeing ads or that you will stop seeing interest-based ads. Where you opt-out for purposes of the CCPA, but do not opt-out of interest-based advertising more generally, you may continue to receive ads tailored to your interests based upon personal information not sold by us, sold to other IAB participants before you opted out, or sold by other sources from which you have not opted out. We are not responsible for any downstream participants’ compliance with the IAB Framework or the accuracy of their privacy policies or statements regarding their opt-out options or programs.
What an Opt-Out does not do
Opting out does not mean you will no longer receive advertising. It means that the company or companies from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
Unless you are an employee of PredictAny or applying for a position, we generally don’t want to gather any sensitive information about you. This includes:
● Your social security number
● Your racial or ethnic origin
● Your political opinions
● Your religion or other beliefs
● Your health, biometric or genetic characteristics
● Any trade union membership
● Any criminal background
PredictAny Services are intended for a general audience and are not directed at children under (13) years of age.
We do not knowingly gather personal information (as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act, or COPPA) in a manner not permitted by COPPA. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe we have collected information from your child in a manner not permitted by law, contact us at email@example.com. We will remove the data to the extent required by applicable laws.
In Florida we do not knowingly “sell” the personal information of minors under 16 years old.
If you’re a Florida resident under 18 years old and you’re registered with a PredictAny Service, you can ask us to remove content or information you’ve posted to a PredictAny Service. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Florida Under 18 Content Removal Request” in the subject line, and tell us what you want removed. We will make reasonable efforts to remove the post from public view, although we cannot ensure the complete removal of the content and may retain the content as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
There are rare situations when we request this information (e.g., a reader survey asks about your political leanings), but you can decline to answer. Outside those situations we would strongly prefer that you never share that information with us.
PredictAny Services are intended for a general audience. We care about children’s privacy. Our services are not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 18. We will not knowingly allow children under 18 to register for or become members of our services. If we discover that we have received any information from a child under 18, we will take reasonable steps to promptly remove that information. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe we have collected information from your child in a manner not permitted by law, contact us at email@example.com. We will remove the data to the extent required by applicable laws.
Consistent with the above, for Florida we do not knowingly “sell” the personal information of minors under 16 years old.
If you’re a Florida resident under 18 years old and you’re registered with a PredictAny Service, you can ask us to remove content or information you’ve posted to a PredictAny Service. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Florida Under 18 Content Removal Request” in the subject line and tell us what you want removed. We will make reasonable efforts to remove the post from public view, although we cannot ensure the complete removal of the content and may retain the content as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
While we strive to maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your information, no information system can be 100% secure. Therefore we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of your information. You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information.
PredictAny, a stock research and social prediction tool, aims to help people, specifically stock market retail traders, learn and get the confidence in trading stocks with the help of our pool of Super Predictors who have mastered the art and science of predicting through our training tools and predicting systems.
The PredictAny Company is headquartered in the United States. Our Services are intended for residents living within their respective communities within the United States.
● Website: PredictAny.com
● Email: email@example.com